Monday, January 24, 2011

Interning at SAFER (Students Active For Ending Rape)

I spent the last 6 months interning for an anti-rape organization called SAFER, based in NYC. They work closely with student groups to help further the cause of better policies and educational programs regarding sexual assault. Seeing as sexual assault is much more likely to occur in college campuses, the people at SAFER make it a point to target such a demographic and work as allies with students who oppose sexual assault. I've created two animated videos for them regarding activist etiquette and policy reform, which you can find below:



RECRUITMENT & RETENTION: The SAFER Way to Building A Movement


WHY POLICY?


I'm so incredibly grateful to have worked with such a positive organization. They have not only given me an outlet for my political and artistic expression, but they have helped me and other organizers at my school tackle institutional problems with confidence. Thank you, SAFER!

No comments: