Friday, January 2, 2009

seesuzysketch: a year later



Epic fail, right?

WRONG. It may seem like I've either 
a) fallen off the face of the earth,
b) decided to check into a mental institution due to school-related stress (this is highly plausible)
or c) have gone through three cheap scanners and a laptop in a year, had my sketchbook locked in a display case at Parsons, and have been really insanely busy and am now sitting in my bedroom in Jacksonville without the technology to post my drawings. (Therefore I resorted to MS Paint.)

WHEW! Well you guess which one. Anyway,
Believe me, a lot has happened these past few months. I've decided to leave Parsons next semester (due to the fact that they were always after my money-- and soul), and continue to work on my literary skills at Eugene Lang College (the New School's hippie stepchild). I decided I'll keep debating. I also decided to start doing more activist work, within my school and especially within V-Day festivities. I've been drawing some, but really it's a matter of deciding how to divide what little free time I've had; and it often comes out favoring sleep over anything productive.

SO. Believe me, it hasn't been an easy year. Fun, but totally not easy. I'll try and make some kind of glorious, backdated barrage of entries describing it. At least, once my friends at home go back to school and get too busy to hang out with me on my precious vacation time :)

I STILL LOVE YOU, FANS (aka my jaded facebook friends)
Thanks for keeping up with my ups, downs, and continuous lines. 
Best wishes in 2009!

Love,
Suzy X

No comments: