Saturday, February 9, 2008

Monoprince.

I'm working on a monoprint.


Actually, I meant to write "1962"
Lately I've had to research stuff about Lyndon B. Johnson and the Vietnam War for my 20th Century Presidents class. I think the last time I was on a Vietnam kick was a couple of summers ago, when I had to read Tim O'Brien for AP Lit. I invested in Joan Baez and Tim Buckley, but I barely researched the effects of the war
(An estimated 4 million people have suffered as a result of herbicides used in Vietnam. Only last summer did the U.S. finally acknowledge their responsibility for the cancerous chemical agent-- and also for the births of Vietnamese children with no eyes, arms or legs. )
I'm considering using my printmaking class as a vehicle for activism. This is a rough sketch for what will probably be a rough monoprint, but nevertheless it gets the point across.

No comments: